Contains indexes of DOM2 interfaces, methods and attributes. Where the example is provided name of the interface (attribute, method) is followed by ex.
Reference texts, examples and all other files are opened here.
- Texts written in italic are citation of W3C DOM2 specification.
- Decoration of links: interfaces, methods or methods, attributes or attributes, parameters of methods, glossary links.
- DOM-HTML section contains examples only for typical HTML DOM methods and attributes because DOM handling of all HTML elements is the same and in most cases very intuitive (and you can always use corresponding DOM-Core properties)
- thanks to White Space Handling in XML 1.0 specification default handling of white-spaces completely depends on XML application (note: WinIE do not preserve white-spaces by default while MacIE and Mozilla does)
- during development tested with Mozilla night-builds, Netscape6, MicrosoftInternetExplorer5.5 and Opera5.02 on Windows2000
- restested againg in February 2003 with Mozilla 1.2, Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and Opera 7.01
About properties in DOM HTML
There are 56 interfaces in DOM2 HTML. From these 52 inherit some/most of their properties from HTMLElement (which itself inherits most of its properties from Element and thus also from Node). Therefore I feel it serves no purpose to repeat all these inherited properties (they consume several lines of text even on 1600x1200 screen) and instead I replaced them with short info and link to